Monday, October 27, 2014

The Book is Coming! The Book is Coming!

Actually, two books are coming.

I have written two volumes on the subject of stealth farming and how I see it evolving in the world. These are not technical exposes of how to build certain aspects like wicking beds and raised growing beds and the like, although we discuss these. These are not page after page of 'How To' information about specific plants, although we discuss that a bit. These are books that describe the philosophy of producing fresh, tasty, wholesome food in an urban, suburban or peri-urban setting. I discuss more of the "Why do we do it?" concept rather than the details of how to do it. There are many great volumes that discuss that aspect.

I wanted to write and publish a statement of why I do it. In talking with some of my friends, I have decided to include a lot of why they do it. As we see the changes that are occurring in our world nearly every day and certainly every week, I realized that many people are in the situation that I was in just a short time ago. Realizing that our food supply has been unfavorably influenced by big business and that we are making a negative impact in our world by moving food hundreds and even thousands of miles from farm to table, I wanted to find out what I could do to make a difference in my life and in the lives of my children.

I also want to share how this philosophy developed in my head and how I see it developing around me. I want to share how easy it is to make minor adjustments to everyday activities and make significant and far-reaching positive impacts in what you do, how you think and how you view your world.

I will keep you posted on the progress of the books from time to time. I'm not sure about how I'm going to publish them, print or e-media or both, but I'm going to get the word out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts